1. Children with autism perform better in physical education when:
a) pictures of skills related to the task are provided
b) the tasks are completed in groups
c) an abundance of detail is provided for the completion of tasks
d) the tasks provide students with choices
2. In order for all students to have a satisfying experience in physical education, many teachers will sometimes have to make _______________ to their lessons.
3. Which of the given tasks gives the best chance for success by ALL students?
a) catching a rolling ball while seated with legs spread
b) tossing a ball in the air and catching it
c) tossing and catching a ball against a wall
d) bouncing a ball to self and catching with two hands
4. Which of the following strategies would best help promote tolerance and respect among children in the physical education classroom?
a) encourage all students to communicate in both native and dominant languages
b) encourage all students to communicate in English
c) ask students to pair up with people they are the most comfortable with
d) create teams that include students from the same ethnic background
5. What is the best way for physical education teachers to promote their own cultural literacy?
a) make special efforts in class to get to know minority students
b) schedule meetings with minority students and their parents
c) arrange special home visits to minority students
d) work with local social and religious organizations