1) What do you mean by personal selling? How does it vary from other types of promotional activities?
2) Identify elements of personal selling process. Must a sales person include all these elements when selling a product to a customer? describe why or why not?
3) What do you mean by sales promotion? describe why is it used? describe the following with suitable ex.
a. Consumer sales promotion methods
b. Trade sales promotion methods
4) A company desires to launch a new tooth paste which can effectively prevent cavities and tooth decay. But toothpaste market is highly crowded with multiple brands. Suppose you were to evolve a marketing communication strategy. Which concept / appeal you will use and why?
5) A company in consumer durables industry has just added the electric, cordless broom to its product line and has approached you for its positioning. Product is targeted at middle income households and is priced Rs. 2200. Company is a leader in its products lines. Work out a positioning strategy and its rationale for this wonderful product.
6) A leading consumer company desires to diversify into food products and has identified potato, corn and cheese snacks for urban markets. None of these products are new to this market; still the newness of products is state of art technology that will make sure consistent quality of finished product. The main competitions to this firm are the unorganized small firms. Suppose that you are the product manager of this firm and evolve a marketing strategy for a successful launch of the snack food line.
7) describe the distribution alternatives that are available to firm with suitable ex.