Mike one of marketing strategists on your team, stops at your office door wanting to talk. "We utilize fabrics which are made domestically; though, there are issues with using same fabrics globally. There are laws and regulations which prevent us from shipping these fabrics to other countries. This is huge concern. One of our main selling points is consistency of quality of our product."
You confirm Mike's concern, "That is an excellent point," you say. "Now you have just given yourself and our team more work for presentation. I am sure that will come up with it. One of board members used to run a textile plant in China."
Mike nods his head in agreement. "I imagine textiles won't be only resource concern," he says.
Consider the following in your response:
- Why must resources be concern in global strategy?
- What resources may be concern in country you chose?
- How will this influence decision to move to the country that you selected?
- How will this influence your competitive strategy in global market?
- show ability to examine emerging global marketplace for potential growth and opportunity