Dave Fletcher excels in his job. But, he desires more for himself and his family and feels education can aid him move forward in his career. Having made the decision to complete his education, he has enrolled at Ashford University. As he comes to end of his first year in college, Dave is 4.0 student, but his performance at work is suffering. Dave has been informed that when his performance doesn’t improve, his job is in danger. He desires to keep his job and at the same time continue to do well in school. Over the upcoming six months Dave is once again excelling in his job and continuing to do well in school.
Address each of following criteria as you respond:
• Recognize a theory of motivation from this week’s reading which you feel best aids us to understand the change in Dave’s behaviour.
• In brief describe this theory of motivation and illustrate how you think it can aid us understand Dave’s change in behaviour.
• In what manners was emotion tied to Dave’s change in behaviour?
• How may this same theory of motivation aid you to understand your own school and work related behaviour?
• Will you change anything in your own life as the result of what you’ve studied in this scenario?