Ethical Dilemmas in Business
The Executive Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors has asked your CFO to develop a report of what has transgressed in the area of executive compensation in U.S. corporations to ensure that they are aware of what has happened in this area. Your CFO has asked you to develop a report that includes the areas of executive compensation, the complaints from employees, the rationale from the executives, and what the U.S. government has done about these complaints.
The student should prepare a report to the CFO that addresses the following:
1. describe why you believe that employees are outraged about outlandish executive compensation while their own pay has been reduced.
2. Describe your assessment of at least 1 ex of compensation packages that appeared to be for the benefit of the executives, regardless of the cost.
3. Analyze the rationale of executives in cases when their compensation package is outwardly perceived as excessive.
4. describe what the government has done in the attempt to curtail these apparent abuses in compensation.
5. Recommend what you believe constitutes an ethical executive compensation plan.
6. Include at least 3 properly researched facts as they apply to the debate of CEOs and excessive compensation.
7. Follow APA guidelines in citing the references