1) describe how does the appeal to Abraham work?
2) What kind of argument is this and if there is any logic to this argument, how does it proceed?
3) describe how does this appeal if there is one fit into the instant context or even into the big context of the book of James.
4) describe why James is making this argument anyway could the people the letter is written to cause this or prompt this argument.
5) describe how does this appeal to Abraham compare to Paul's appeals to the patriarch in Romans 4: and Gal 3-4? Do they have any commonalities, or differences?
6) Is the argument of James one that Paul would have approve why or why not?