Entire impact of race-based interaction patterns in our society.
- Massey makes the point that spatial mobility is the barrier to social mobility what is your interpretation of this concept?
- In greater detail, consider how immigration settlement and spatial assimilation contribute to these patterns.
- Do patterns of segregation differ for different minority groups?
- With this in mind, do you think that forced integration, such as busing students to increase diversity in public schools, is a viable solution?
- What should be done, if anything to decrease this spatial barrier of neighborhood in a way that is beneficial to society overall?