1. Distinguish between disaster recovery and business continuity. In your answer give exs of the technology and processes involved.
2. The decision to select a DAS, NAS, or SAN solution is based on various factors. describe the factors which affect this choice and describe, using exs, why these factors are relevant.
3. prepare brief notes on all of the following, providing exs of their application and use.
a) Intelligent disk array
b) Hardware redundancy
c) RAID parity
d) Disaster recovery versus disaster restart
e) Synchronous replication
1. Business Continuity is based on disaster recovery. Discuss this statement highlighting the processes and technology involved.
2. A large online bank is considering implementing a new storage system. You have been asked to select between a DAS, NAS, and SAN solution. escribe the benefits of each and describe how you would go about choosing one for the bank.
3. prepare brief notes on all of the following:
a. Striping with distributed parity
b. Recovery Time Objective (RTO)
c. Differential backup
d. Archiving Versus Backup
1. describe the five core elements of a data centre (form the user through to the storage system). Describe how each element can be made 100% available at all times.
2. While the term disaster recovery is often employed in place of business continuity describe the distinction between the two terms. In your answer consist of a discussion of the technologies and processes involved.
3. describe the technologies employed in disaster recovery. In your answer describe how the technology meets the business need.
4. prepare brief notes on all of the following:
a. Read cache hits and misses
c. Recovery Point Objective (RPO)
d. Hot swapping
e. Incremental backup
f. Hot backup