1. Nixon is often described as the "accidental liberal." Provide some exs you would use to support this label or to defend Nixon's conservative record. Do you think this is an accurate assessment of Nixon? Is that a good or bad label for Nixon during his time? What about now?
2. Why do you think neither Jimmy Carter nor Gerald Ford was able to win a second term in office? Do you think it the same reason for both? describe.
(Note: Your answers should examine the policies and decisions of these presidents against to context of domestic and foreign affairs during their respective administrations. Provide supporting evidence to your positions. Also, your initial response only has to address one or the other.)
1. Discuss the components of an effective interview? How does an interview differ from an interrogation?
2. Discuss effective techniques for interviewing a person within the criminal justice system? How do these techniques affect overall communication within the criminal justice system?
3. What is considered an admissible statement within the criminal justice system? How do admissible statements affect the overall criminal justice process? Is there a better way to ensure acquired statements are admissible? describe.
4. describe the rationale behind the Miranda decision; do you think the Miranda warning is still a valid concept?
5. How might nonverbal communication assist a probation and parole officer when he or she is assigned a new parolee? What behaviors would the officer need to look for?