1. Show the impact emotional labor has on employees.
2. Describe affective events theory and identify its applications.
3. Contrast the evidence for and against the existence of emotional intelligence.
4. Contrast the three components of an attitude.
5. Summarize the relationship between attitudes and behavior.
6. Summarize the main causes of job satisfaction.
7. Describe the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator personality framework and assess its strengths and weaknesses.
8. Identify the key traits in the Big Five personality model.
9. Understand the implications of employee engagement for management.
10. Compare and contrast goal-setting theory and management by objectives.
11. Describe the job characteristics model and evaluate the way it motivates by changing the work environment.
13. Show how flexible benefits turn benefits into motivators.
14. Identify the motivational benefits of intrinsic rewards.