1. Describe the impact of managed care on the U.S. health care delivery system.
2. describe the importance of high-performing teams to quality improvement efforts and the approaches used to improve the outcomes produced by these teams.
3. Discuss the implementation of continuous quality improvement into healthcare organizations, and about CQI and the transformation to the "learning" organization.
4. Discuss the impact of information management and technology for CQI in health care organizations and why it took so long to realize the need for this technology.
5. Discuss the involvement that the Care Delivery Organizations, Managed Care, Purchasers, and the Quality Improvement Collaborative have in the CQI process of Primary Care Practices.
6. Discuss the barriers of implementing the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) process into primary care organizations.
7. Discuss the barriers that have been identified regarding the technological approach to computerized order entry and the electronic health records.
8. Discuss the impact of "health care disintermediation" of CQI in healthcare and the alternatives suggested for the "re-intermediating delivery" by the physicians.