1. Describe the cause of incompatible blood transfusion.
2. Mention three types of clotting problems.
3. Discuss how pernicious anemia may develop from chronic gastritis.
4. For which conditions could secondary polycythemia develop as compensation: VSD, CHF, chronic lung disease, aplastic anemia, multiple myeloma.
5. describe how DIC develops and state two signs of its development.
6. Compare Hodgkin's lymphoma, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and multiple myeloma with regard to the malignant cell, location of the tumor, spread of the tumor, and presenting signs.
7. If you had a client with persistent chest pain following rest and administration of nitroglycerin, what action would you take?
8. List and describe briefly three possible causes of cardiac dysrhythmias.
9. Differentiate heart blocks from PVCs with regard to causes and effects on heart action.
10. Choose one aspect of CHF that might apply in your field of work and describe your concern.
11. describe why untreated essential hypertension is dangerous.
12. Define and describe the term intermittent claudication.
13. Describe three early signs of shock and the rationale for each.