The practice of project management has been with us for the long time. This discipline and its evolution as the profession are detailed all through this course. Today, project management has attained a maturity which entitles it to a rightful place in practice and literature of its field. Though, ability of project management profession to remain viable in ever- changing world is dependent on member of profession to identify change and to adjust to that change for good of organization.
prepare down focus paper on requirement of projects as vehicles to accomplish organization's strategic goals. Include in your argument the evolving changes in world which will affect way you manage projects, what human and organizational changes you believe will permit for enhancement of project management and, what substitute to project management do you see evolving. Keep in mind, a focus paper is argumentative essay which attempts to persuade reader of truth or plausibility of specific claim or position. Focus paper is not a summary, commentary, journal entry, personal reflection, analysis, distinguish essay, or an expository essay. Objective is not to convey information, illustrate how much you know, or analyze a text. Rather, main goal is to persuade reader that important, interesting, and debatable thesis is true or plausible, and that substitute position is untenable.
• Map organizational objectives, goals, and strategies to project outcomes.
• Describe (at the level of Application) if the project organization reflects organizational strategies.
• Describe (at the level of Application) if there has been a proper selection of project sponsor and project manager.
• Show the adequacy of project policies, procedures, and techniques.
• Describe (at the level of Application) uses of scope, time, cost, and quality with associated performance standards.
• Describe (at level of Application) how to communicate project to organization.