1) Define the term domestic terrorism. In what manners is it functionally distinct from international terrorism? As well, differentiate between domestic terrorism from above versus domestic terrorism from below. Give illustrations.
2) Sum up the approaches to political violence as exhibited by Mao, Guevara, Marighella and Fanon. Name the domestic terror groups from the past or present would you recognize with these different approaches? Describe your position.
3) In your opinion, what were the earliest forms of terrorism in the United States? Who were the perpetrators? Who were the victims? Is your opinion the similar as that contained in the Vohryzek- Bolden, et al. text? Give illustrations. As well describe whether you believe these early terrorists were no better (or no worse) than the modern terrorists.
4) In what ways is right wing terror groups bonded altogether by racism, religion and anti- governmentalism? As well, what role does the right to bear arms under the 2nd Amendment play with these groups? How has Odinism become a part of the equation for some?
5) describe in detail the groups Greenpeace and PETA. Is either of these terrorist organizations? What is the basis for your answer? Describe the tactics have they utilized from time to time. Are any of these tactics unlawful but morally ethical?