There has been great deal of discussion regarding global warming. Global warming has been the issue which concerns great number of scientists in United States and abroad. As you are aware, melting of Arctic are most visible signs. According to Union of Concerned Scientists, other early warning signs comprise melting glaciers, shifting ranges of plants and animals, and earlier onset of spring. According to Union of Concerned Scientists, global warming is caused by emissions of carbon dioxide and other heat-trapping gases which are emitted mainly by burning of fossil fuels and clearing of forests. These gases remain in atmosphere for decades or even centuries.
If we continue to experience global warming at current rate which we are experiencing it now, we will continue to experience extreme heat and drought, rising sea levels, and higher-intensity tropical storms. We may also be faced with living conditions in inner cities during summer, and issues with farm life, forests, and fisheries may also be extremely affected.
A problem to consider is whether or not we can control global warming and if so, prepare down steps that we require to take to make sure that everyone is in compliance? Secondly, top NASA scientist James Hansen, in a 2006 interview with sixty minutes, mentioned that Bush Administration instituted restrictions as to what public must know about global warming. If this is true, is this form of censorship? Must the public be advised if global warming is happening? We will also consider possible chaos and pandemonium which could happen, if we were aware of present status of global warming.
Assignment Instructions -
1. Carry out research and locate two scholarly journal articles which discuss global warming.
2. Create the argument which supports occurrence of global warming or argument against occurrence of global warming.
3. Describe the articles and incorporate references from text.
4. Recognize facts which support the argument and cite the reading material.
5. Recognize environmental protection issues.
6. Desdribe the role of Government and level of responsibility to inform American Public.
7. prepare the following in your response:
¨ If Bush Administration is restricting information given to the public, is this a form of censorship?
¨ Must the public be advised if global warming is occurring?