1) Have you ever changed a strongly held attitude? What caused the change for you?
2) Do you believe that you are free of prejudice? After reading, which of the many factors which cause prejudice do you think is most significant to change?
3) How do Milgram's results - particularly the finding that the remoteness of the victim influenced obedience - relate to some aspects of the modern warfare?
4) What are some of the similarities between Zimbardo's prison study and the abuses at Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq?
5) Have you ever done something in a group which you would not have done if you were alone? What happened? How did you feel? What have you learned that might help you shun this behavior in the future?
6) Can you think of conditions when the egotistic model of altruism seems most likely accurate? What regarding the empathy-altruism hypothesis?