At the most basic level a marketing information system comprises, "people, equipment and procedures to gather, sort, analyze, evaluate and distribute required, timely and accurate information to marketing decision makers" (Kotler, 1997).
In view of the above statement, discuss the need, requirements, characteristics and components of a modern Marketing information system (MIS) to make sure its effectiveness.
Make a distinction between the following marketing researches concepts:
• Primary Research and Secondary Research
• Qualitative Research and Quantitative Research
• Focus Group and In-Depth Interview
• Exploratory research and Descriptive research
• Probability Sampling and Non-Probability Sampling
The marketing manager needs to work closely with marketing researcher when marketing research is conducted. Identify and illustrate out the various steps in marketing research process. Illustrate out the role of the researcher and the marketing manager during each step.