The final project for this course includes research and a final paper written in the context of human relations in administration. Based on the knowledge obtained in this course and previous course work, you examine what are the new contexts you can create to inspire changes.
To successfully complete this project, you will be expected to apply what you have learned in this course that will include several of the following course objectives:
• Develop interpersonal competencies
• Extend the boundaries of common sense by the systematic application of this new knowledge and these competencies
• Achieve a greater understanding of self
• Understand that you are responsible for your own development, particularly in the area of interpersonal effectiveness
• Understand situations by understanding their dynamics, looking for not only what is happening, but also for WHY it is happening
• Sharpen his/her communications skills
• Develop analytical skills
• Develop a broader range of solutions to problems that involve people
Select a topic from the suggested list below that relates directly to your past or current work experience. Conduct research on your selected topic to find a real-world/organization case study, past or current. You can use the suggested resources and/or any other resources. prepare a paper addressing the following critical points in your case study analysis:
1. prepare down background information on the topic based on the course readings and research and describe why you chose this topic and how it relates to your work experience.
2. Outline and describe the main issues identified in the case study.
3. Analyze the issues in the context of human relations describing what led to the issues.
4. Critique how the issues were handled in the case study to recognize any shortcomings and describe how you would have dealt with the differently. If there are no solutions in the case study, recommend solutions and describe how you would address the issues from teh management perspective.