1. Analyze several social groups or organizations to which you belong or have belonged (school, government, family, religious, special interest club, etc.).
2. describe the role of the group and the social functions it supports or promotes.
3, Be sure to define the groups that you select in terms of primary and secondary classifications.
4. If the group can be deemed a reference group, consider how this group affects or affected your life, personally and/or professionally.
5. If you select any organizations for you analysis, consider Weber's five characteristic of an ideal bureaucracy and suggest which (if any) of the characteristics are directly applicable to your organization.
6. From personal experience, examine the positive and negative ramifications of operating within a bureaucratic structure.