A physician is given non-prescription vitamin samples which are expensive and are to be given to patients of low income. Employees took samples home for their personal use. They tell you to do the same because you can save money and they will become outdated before other people can get them.
1. What should the person do in this situation?
2. Is the action ethical ad/or legal?
3. Are non-prescription vitamins categorized as a controlled substance?
4. Are the vitamins considered medical waste if disposed of?
5. Does the physician have any responsibility for the dispensing of the vitamins?