1. ________ implies that a performance appraisal system is capable of distinguishing effective from ineffective performers.
2. Which of the following is a disadvantage of forced distribution?
a. May be inaccurate if a group of employees is either very effective or ineffective
b. Forces raters to make distinctions among employees
c. Difficult to make comparisons across employees
d. Provides little basis for individual feedback and development
3. To minimize defensive behavior, procedures used for promotion decisions must be
b. changed frequently
4. _____ translate job requirements into levels of acceptable or unacceptable employee behavior.
a. Performance standards
b. Absolute rating systems
c. Reliability judgments
d. Qualitative analyses
5. The answer to the problem "What really makes the difference between success and failure on a particular job, and according to whom?" determines: