For problems 1 and 2: Your employer asks you to describe whether sales of cars (DV) can be predicted from the GDP (Gross Domestic Product).
1. Appropriate inferential statistical test for case scenario?
2. Referring back to item 1, if evaluated statistical result is significant, what would you know?
3. You run a two tail t-test. The critical value for this test at the .05 level is a t of 7.82. What value should the obtained t-test statistic be in order to be considered significant at the .05 level?
A researcher wants to know if there is the relationship between person's highest level of education (IV) and differences in life satisfaction (DV). She places her subjects in four samples, i.e., 1) less than the high school degree, 2) high school graduate, 3) some college, or 4) college degree. She makes a life satisfaction survey using a 4-point ordinal scale.
4. Would the Kruskal-Wallis be the appropriate statistical process to test this Research problem (RQ)? Please describe your answer.
5. When would you employ the Chi-Square test rather than One-Way Anova?