Last year Gator Getters, Inc. had $50 million in total assets. Management desires to increase its plant and equipment during the coming year by $12 million. The company plans to finance 40% of the expansion with debt and the remaining 60% with equity capital. Bond financing will be at a 9% rate and will be sold at its par value. Common stock is currently selling for $50 per share, and flotation costs for new common stock will amount to $5 per share. The expected dividend next year for Gator is $2.50. Furthermore, dividends are expected to grow at a 6% rate far into the future. The marginal corporate tax rate is 34%. Internal funding available from additions to retained earnings is $4,000,000.
a. What amount of new common stock must be sold if the existing capital structure is to be maintained?
b. find out the weighted marginal cost of capital at an investment level of $12 million.