Multiple choices related to descriptive statistics, regression
Find out the status of the given statement and give the explanation also.
1. The mean, median, and mode are the most common measures of dispersion (spread). _____(T/F)
2. Each set of data has four quartiles; they split the ranked data into four equal quarters.
3. The standard score (or z-score) identifies the position of a particular value of x has relative to the mean, measured in standard deviations. _____ (T/F)
4. For any distribution, the sum of the deviations from the mean equals zero. _____ (T/F)
5. In a data set, the mode will always be unique. _____ (T/F)
6. Correlation coefficients range between 0 and +1. _____ (T/F)
7. The line of best fit is used to predict the average value of y that can be expected to take place at a given value of x. _____ (T/F)