Ask Question, Ask an Expert

+1-415-315-9853

info@mywordsolution.com

Ask Statistics and Probability Expert

Thales Corporation wants to purchase machine for $60,000. It will depreciate the machine over the six-year period with no salvage value. The machine will generate pre-tax revenue of $20,000 yearly, the tax rate of Thales is 32%, and proper discount rate is 11%. The machine has uncertain life: it might run for five years (probability 50%), six years (probability 30%), or sevevn years (probability 20%). Must Thales buy the machine?

Statistics and Probability, Statistics

  • Category:- Statistics and Probability
  • Reference No.:- M918211

Have any Question? 


Related Questions in Statistics and Probability

Suppose amongst all the families on a caribbean cruise the

Suppose amongst all the families on a Caribbean Cruise, the population variance of the number of children per family is 4. If we were to take a sample of 10 families, then the probability is .9 that the sample variance i ...

1 discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using a

1. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using a successive independent samples survey design versus a longitudinal design to measure changes in people's attitudes over time. 2. Suppose that you wanted to obtain a ...

Validity true story i once spoke to a retired professor who

Validity: True story: I once spoke to a retired professor who used to teach general studies geography. His grading technique was to throw the papers/tests on the ground and randomly assign the same grade to each pile (wi ...

Nicollette joined towson university basketball team since

Nicollette joined Towson University basketball team since summer 2015. On average, she is able to score 30% of the field goals. Assume she tries 15 field goals in a game. (a) Let X be the number of field goals that Mimi ...

Starting in the 10th century movements to reform the church

Starting in the 10th century, movements to reform the church began. Why was the church in need of reform, and what were the consequences of the Gregorian Reforms? How did these reforms change society? 1 and a half page e ...

A company manufactuirng compter chip finds that 8 of all

A company manufactuirng compter chip finds that 8% of all chips manufactured are defective. Management is concerned that high employee turnover is partially responsible for the high defect rate. In an effort to decrease ...

The bad debt ratio for a financial institution is defined

The bad debt ratio for a financial institution is defined to be the dollar value of loans defaulted divided by the total dollar value of all loans made. A random sample of six Ontario banks is selected and the bad debt r ...

In march 2010 a federal health-care law required chain

In March 2010, a federal health-care law required chain restaurants with 20 or more locations to post caloric information on their menus. The stated goal was to make it easier for consumers to select healthier options, b ...

A smartphone company has to decide which battery they will

A smartphone company has to decide which battery they will use for their upcoming model. Two battery manufacturers A and B are competing to get the contract. 15 smartphones of the upcoming model were tested with batterie ...

Questiona mining company has gained the drilling rights at

Question: A mining company has gained the drilling rights at two sites A and B. Each cost €100,000 each. Based on past experience they have estimated the chances of a successful drill as follows: P(A) = 0.6, P(B) = 0.5 I ...

  • 4,153,160 Questions Asked
  • 13,132 Experts
  • 2,558,936 Questions Answered

Ask Experts for help!!

Looking for Assignment Help?

Start excelling in your Courses, Get help with Assignment

Write us your full requirement for evaluation and you will receive response within 20 minutes turnaround time.

Ask Now Help with Problems, Get a Best Answer

WalMart Identification of theory and critical discussion

Drawing on the prescribed text and/or relevant academic literature, produce a paper which discusses the nature of group

Section onea in an atwood machine suppose two objects of

SECTION ONE (a) In an Atwood Machine, suppose two objects of unequal mass are hung vertically over a frictionless

Part 1you work in hr for a company that operates a factory

Part 1: You work in HR for a company that operates a factory manufacturing fiberglass. There are several hundred empl

Details on advanced accounting paperthis paper is intended

DETAILS ON ADVANCED ACCOUNTING PAPER This paper is intended for students to apply the theoretical knowledge around ac

Create a provider database and related reports and queries

Create a provider database and related reports and queries to capture contact information for potential PC component pro