Ask Question, Ask an Expert

+1-415-315-9853

info@mywordsolution.com

Ask Basic Finance Expert

Shia LeBeuf, a financial analyst for Transformers Company, has prepared the following sales and cash disbursement estimates for the period Feb - Jun of the current year:

Month Sales Cash Disbursements

Feb $500 $400

Mar $600 $300

Apr $400 $600

May $200 $500

Jun $200 $200

LeBeuf notes that, historically, 30% of sales have been for cash. Of credit sales, 70% are collected one month after the sale, the remaining 30% are collected 2 months after the sale. The firm wishes to maintain a minimum ending balance in its cash account of $25. Balances above that amount would be invested in short term government securities (marketable securities), whereas any deficits would be financed through short-term bank borrowing (notes payable). The beginning cash balance at Apr 1 is $115.

a) Prepare a cash budget for Apr, May and Jun

b) Decide how much financing, if any, at a maximum, would Transformers require to meet its obligations during this 3 month period. (please show your work).

Basic Finance, Finance

  • Category:- Basic Finance
  • Reference No.:- M946462

Have any Question? 


Related Questions in Basic Finance

In terms of pumping performance how should engineers

In terms of pumping performance, how should engineers determine the use of radial flow pumps and axial flow pumps?

Questions-part 1 company financialsthrough 20142016

Questions- Part 1: Company financials Through 2014.2016 financial performance of Qantas has seen a major turnaround (refer to Source 1, 2 and 3). a) On Page 24 of the 2016 Preliminary Final Report shows a Return on Inves ...

Franklin county foundry has a total asset turnover rate of

Franklin County Foundry has a total asset turnover rate of 1.10 and their profit margin is 9.40 percent. There are $102,546 in accounts receivable and assets total $1,230,526. The How long on average does it take the fir ...

Why is it important to understand whether the data is

Why is it important to understand whether the data is discrete or continuous? Why is it "important to understand which type of data you are dealing with in each situation"? Is continuous data considered "categorical" dat ...

Commercial paper credit guarantees explain why investors

Commercial Paper Credit Guarantees: Explain why investors that provided guarantees on commercial paper were exposed to much risk during the credit crisis.

The current price of gold is 1600 per troy ounce there are

The current price of gold is $1,600 per troy ounce. There are no storage costs. The risk free rate of interest is 5% continuously compounded. Please help me with the answers for all the questions. (a) What is the forward ...

The united states purchased alaska in 1867 for 72m where

The United States purchased Alaska in 1867 for $7.2M (where Mstands for million). Assume that federal tax revenue from the state of Alaska (net federal expenditures) is $55.1M in 2012 and that tax revenue started in 1868 ...

Access the fasb online website and familiarize yourself

Access the FASB Online website and familiarize yourself with the contents. Write a 350- to 700-word paper in which you answer the following questions: • What is the FASB Codification System? • What is the purpose of the ...

Explain why a well-capitalized domestic banking system

Explain why a well-capitalized domestic banking system might be important for the successful maintenance of a fixed exchange-rate regime.

What are transactions costsdoes financial intermediation

What are transactions costs? Does financial intermediation increase or decrease transactions costs?

  • 4,153,160 Questions Asked
  • 13,132 Experts
  • 2,558,936 Questions Answered

Ask Experts for help!!

Looking for Assignment Help?

Start excelling in your Courses, Get help with Assignment

Write us your full requirement for evaluation and you will receive response within 20 minutes turnaround time.

Ask Now Help with Problems, Get a Best Answer

A cola-dispensing machine is set to dispense 9 ounces of

A cola-dispensing machine is set to dispense 9 ounces of cola per cup, with a standard deviation of 1.0 ounce. The manuf

What is marketingbullwhat is marketing think back to your

What is Marketing? • "What is marketing"? Think back to your impressions before you started this class versus how you

Question -your client david smith runs a small it

QUESTION - Your client, David Smith runs a small IT consulting business specialising in computer software and techno

Inspection of a random sample of 22 aircraft showed that 15

Inspection of a random sample of 22 aircraft showed that 15 needed repairs to fix a wiring problem that might compromise

Effective hrmquestionhow can an effective hrm system help

Effective HRM Question How can an effective HRM system help facilitate the achievement of an organization's strate