Ask Question, Ask an Expert

+1-415-315-9853

info@mywordsolution.com

Ask Basic Finance Expert

Mark is looking at the forecasts of expected economic growth. He plans to invest $120,000 in an investment whose return would depend on the economic conditions. It is estimated that the economy will have a high growth with a probability of 25%, normal growth with a probability of 50% and a slow growth with a probability of 25%. An investment is likely to provide an expected return of 20% if the economy has a rapid growth, 14% if the economy has normal growth and 8% if the economy grows slowly. In order to get more information, Mark has approached an economist who can provide a better estimate. The economist would charge $15,000 for providing his estimate. The economist predicts the following probabilities: High growth: 40%; normal growth: 40%; and slow growth: 20%.

Construct a decision tree and advise whether use of the services of economist is justified.

Basic Finance, Finance

  • Category:- Basic Finance
  • Reference No.:- M926133

Have any Question? 


Related Questions in Basic Finance

1 describe the progress of the research manuscript as it is

1. Describe the progress of the research manuscript as it is considered for publication in a scientific journal. What are the strengths and weaknesses of the peer review process? 2. Describe the basic objectives of the r ...

Suppose there are two risky assets c and d the tangency

Suppose there are two risky assets, c and d, the tangency portfolio is 60% c and 40% d, and the expected return and standard deviation of the return on the tangency portfolio are 5% and 7%, respectively. Suppose also tha ...

What is the present value of a 10-year annuity of 3000 per

What is the present value of a 10-year annuity of $3,000 per period in which payments come at the beginning of each period? The interest rate is 12 percent. Use Appendix D for an approximate answer, but calculate your fi ...

Company y expects to pay an annual dividend of 240 a share

Company Y expects to pay an annual dividend of $2.40 a share next year. The market value of the stock is $72 a share and the overall market return is expected to be 14.7 percent. What is the capital gains yield?

Assume the following year zero capital investment 6m and

Assume the following: Year Zero: Capital Investment = $6M and Increase in NWC = $.5M; Years 1-4: OCF = $4M; Year 4: Recovery of Earlier Increase in NWC and Cash Flow from Salvage = $2.5M. What are the incremental cash fl ...

Flip a set of ten coins one hundred times and record the

Flip a set of ten coins one hundred times, and record the number of heads and tails each time. Construct a frequency distribution of the observed data. Check whether the observed frequency distribution appears to match t ...

The delta company has issued a total of 25000000 shares of

The Delta Company has issued a total of 25,000,000 shares of common stock at par(its value to the firm is $25, 000,000. The dividend yield is 6%. The company also has $15,000,000 of bonds(also sold at par) with a coupon ...

A firm has previously issued fixed rate noncallable debt

A firm has previously issued fixed rate noncallable debt. Because interest rates are perceived to be temporarily high, the firm would like to have the flexibility of calling the debt later when rates are expected to fall ...

1 what is the relationship between the variables in a loan

1. What is the relationship between the variables in a loan amortization calculation and the total interest cost? Consider the variables of interest rates amount borrowed, down payment, prepayment, and term of loan in an ...

How does price efficiency influence the decision to pursue

How does price efficiency influence the decision to pursue an active or passive portfolio strategy? What is the primary problem with the arithmetic average rate of return in evaluating a portfolio's performance? If you w ...

  • 4,153,160 Questions Asked
  • 13,132 Experts
  • 2,558,936 Questions Answered

Ask Experts for help!!

Looking for Assignment Help?

Start excelling in your Courses, Get help with Assignment

Write us your full requirement for evaluation and you will receive response within 20 minutes turnaround time.

Ask Now Help with Problems, Get a Best Answer

Section onea in an atwood machine suppose two objects of

SECTION ONE (a) In an Atwood Machine, suppose two objects of unequal mass are hung vertically over a frictionless

Part 1you work in hr for a company that operates a factory

Part 1: You work in HR for a company that operates a factory manufacturing fiberglass. There are several hundred empl

Details on advanced accounting paperthis paper is intended

DETAILS ON ADVANCED ACCOUNTING PAPER This paper is intended for students to apply the theoretical knowledge around ac

Create a provider database and related reports and queries

Create a provider database and related reports and queries to capture contact information for potential PC component pro

Describe what you learned about the impact of economic

Describe what you learned about the impact of economic, social, and demographic trends affecting the US labor environmen