Liam is a 32-year-old single female. She has gross wages of $95,000 (before deferrals) and $18,000 withholding for federal income tax. Given the information below, will she likely have too much or too little withheld for the current tax year, assuming the following facts? How much? For simplicity, do not consider AMT.
• She estimates total itemized deductions of $9,450.
• The standard deduction for a single person is $5,450.
• The personal exemption for a single person is $3,500.
• She will not have any interest or dividend income or capital gains.
• She will not contribute to an IRA.
• She will defer 5% of her gross salary into the qualified retirement plan.