Ask Question, Ask an Expert

+1-415-315-9853

info@mywordsolution.com

Ask Basic Finance Expert

problem: Jones Products manufactures & sells to wholesalers approximately 500,000 packages per year of underwater markers at 4 dollar per package. Yearly costs for the production & sale of this quantity are shown in the table.

Direct materials $ 640,000
Direct labor 160,000
Overhead 480,000
Selling expenses 200,000
Administrative expenses 133,000
Total costs and expenses $1,613,000
A new wholesaler has offered to purchase 83,000 packages for $3.44 each. These markers would be marketed under the wholesaler's & and would not affect Jones Products' sales through its normal channels. A study of the costs of this additional business reveals the following:

Direct materials costs are 100 percent variables.

Per unit direct labor costs for the additional units would be 50% higher than normal because their production would require overtime pay at one-and-one-half times the usual labor rate.

30 percent of the normal annual overhead costs are fixed at any production level from 450,000 to 600,000 units. The remaining 70% of the yearly overhead cost is variable with volume.

Accepting new business would involve no additional selling expenses.

Accepting new business would increase administrative expenses by a $4,000 fixed amount.

[A] Yearly operating income without the special order (column 1).
[B] Yearly operating income received from the new business only (column 2).
[C] Combined annual operating income from normal business & new business (column 3).
Jones PRODUCTS
Comparative Income Statements
(1) (2) (3)
Homework 

 Direct materials

$ 640,000

Direct labor

160,000

Overhead

480,000

Selling expenses

200,000

Administrative expenses

133,000

Total costs and expenses

$1,613,000

Direct materials

$ 640,000

A new wholesaler has offered to buy 83,000 packages for $3.44 each. These markers would be marketed under the wholesaler's name and would not affect Jones Products' sales through its normal channels. A study of the costs of this additional business reveals the following:

Direct materials costs are 100 percent variables.

Every unit direct labor costs for the additional units would be 50% higher than normal because their production would require overtime pay at one-and-one-half times the usual labor rate.

30% of the normal annual overhead costs are fixed at any production level from 450,000 to 600,000 units. The remaining 70 percent of the yearly overhead cost is variable with volume.

Accepting new business would involve no additional selling expenses.

Accepting new business would increase administrative expenses by a $4,000 fixed amount.

[A] Annual operating income without the special order (column 1).
[B] Annual operating income received from the new business only (column 2).
[C] Combined annual operating income from normal business and the new business (column 3).

Jones PRODUCTS
Comparative Income Statements
(1) (2) (3)
Homework

JONE PRODUCTS

COMPARATIVE INCOME STATEMENTS

 

Normal   Volume

New  Business

Combined

Sales

$

$

$

Costs and expenses:

 

 

 

Direct materials

 

 

 

Direct labor

 

 

 

Overhead

 

 

 

Selling expenses

 

 

 

Administrative expenses

 

 

 

Total costs and expenses

 

 

 

OPERATING INCOME

$

$

$

Basic Finance, Finance

  • Category:- Basic Finance
  • Reference No.:- M921568

Have any Question? 


Related Questions in Basic Finance

Choose a conceptual variable that can be considered to be a

Choose a conceptual variable that can be considered to be a trait of interest to you, and (after conducting a literature review) create a 20-item Likert scale to assess it. Administer the scale to at least 20 people. Com ...

1 what are the primary considerations that should be made

1. What are the primary considerations that should be made when refinancing? 2. What factors must be considered when deciding whether to refinance a loan after interest rates have declined? 3. Why might the market value ...

1 how many conditions are there in the simplest possible

1. How many conditions are there in the simplest possible experiment? 2. Describe how participants are assigned to conditions in randomized groups, matched-subjects, and repeated measures experimental designs. 3. What ar ...

An annual survey of first-year college students asks 270000

An annual survey of first-year college students asks 270,000 students about their attitudes on a variety of subjects. According to a recent survey, 54% of first-year students believe that abortion should be legal. Use a ...

Raymond borrowed 300000 from loans r us company the line of

Raymond borrowed $3,000.00 from Loans R Us Company. The line of credit agreement provided for repayment of the loan in equal monthly payments of $668.76 which includes interest of 9.00 % per annum calculated on the unpai ...

1 give an example of why a review of bank assets may

1. Give an example of why a review of bank assets may indicate risk or opportunity of which you were not aware 2. Why review the disclosure of the market value of investments versus the book amount of investments for ban ...

Make a list of some of the factors in your life that change

Make a list of some of the factors in your life that change from one day to the next. Possible examples include your mood, health, environment, schedule, obligations, successes and failures, and the quality of your socia ...

You are the auditor of piedmore corporation you determine

You are the auditor of Piedmore Corporation. You determine that the accounts receivable turnover has been much slower this period than in prior periods and that it is also materially lower than the industry average. How ...

Bellamee company has bonds outstanding with five years to

Bellamee Company has bonds outstanding with five years to maturity and a face value of $5,299. The bonds are currently priced at their face value. If the bonds have a coupon rate of 25 percent, then what is Bellamee's af ...

1 a researcher would like to compare two therapy techniques

1. A researcher would like to compare two therapy techniques for treating depression in both adolescents and adults. Identify which factor is experimental and which is quasi-experimental. 2. Suppose a researcher has demo ...

  • 4,153,160 Questions Asked
  • 13,132 Experts
  • 2,558,936 Questions Answered

Ask Experts for help!!

Looking for Assignment Help?

Start excelling in your Courses, Get help with Assignment

Write us your full requirement for evaluation and you will receive response within 20 minutes turnaround time.

Ask Now Help with Problems, Get a Best Answer

Section onea in an atwood machine suppose two objects of

SECTION ONE (a) In an Atwood Machine, suppose two objects of unequal mass are hung vertically over a frictionless

Part 1you work in hr for a company that operates a factory

Part 1: You work in HR for a company that operates a factory manufacturing fiberglass. There are several hundred empl

Details on advanced accounting paperthis paper is intended

DETAILS ON ADVANCED ACCOUNTING PAPER This paper is intended for students to apply the theoretical knowledge around ac

Create a provider database and related reports and queries

Create a provider database and related reports and queries to capture contact information for potential PC component pro

Describe what you learned about the impact of economic

Describe what you learned about the impact of economic, social, and demographic trends affecting the US labor environmen