Answer the following problems under Regression and correlation.
1. While using simple regression analysis, if there is a strong correlation between the independent and dependent variable, then we can conclude that an increase in the value of the independent variable causes an increase in the value of the dependent variable.
2. In a simple linear regression model, the coefficient of determination not only indicates the strength of the relationship between independent and dependent variable, however also shows whether the relationship is positive or negative.
3. In a simple linear regression analysis, the correlation coefficient (a) and the slope (b) have the same sign.
4. The correlation coefficient may assume any value between
5. The estimated simple linear regression equation minimizes the sum of the squared deviations between each value of Y and the line.
i. 0 and 1
ii. -infinity and infinity
iii. 0 and 8
iv.-1 and 1
v. -1 and 0