1. The total area under normal distribution curve is approximately 0.99 but can never be equal to the 1.0
2. The area under the normal distribution curve that lies in three standard deviation (σ) of the mean (µ) is approximately 95%.
3. When finding area under the curve between two z values, the procedure is to subtract two z values and look up the corresponding area in standard normal table
4. The area under curve is always positive even if the z value is negative.
5. Statistics is science of conducting studies to
a. solve the system of equations.
b. hypothesize, experiment, and form conclusions.
c. collect, organize, summarize, examine, and draw conclusions from data.
d. monitor, study, and report on a subject.
6. If weather center monitors and computes the average number of tornadoes that pass by Topeka, Kansas each year, what kind of variable would they be investigating?
a. random variable
b. controlled variable
c. isolated variable
d. weather variable