Ask Question, Ask an Expert

+1-415-315-9853

info@mywordsolution.com

Ask Basic Finance Expert

If the economy recovers next year, analysts expect Stock X's return for the year to be 20%; if the economy does not recover, analysts expect Stock X's return for the year to be -5%. If there is a 40% chance that the economy will recover and a 60% that it will not, what is:

a. The expected return on Stock X for the next year?
b. The standard deviation of the return on Stock X for the next year?

 

Basic Finance, Finance

  • Category:- Basic Finance
  • Reference No.:- M928675

Have any Question? 


Related Questions in Basic Finance

1 explain the differences between a cmo and a mortgage

1. Explain the differences between a CMO and a mortgage pass-through type of security. 2. Define a mortgage purchase "for portfolio." 3. Discuss the purpose and operation of Ginnie Mae. 4. What would be the price of a $1 ...

1 the interested student should rewrite the equations for

1. The interested student should rewrite the equations for the vertically integrated utility to show that the total revenue received from all activities is equal to the sum of all input costs, plus the sum of all capacit ...

1 distinguish between a eurobond a foreign bond and a

1. Distinguish between a Eurobond, a foreign bond, and a Yankee bond. Which of these three represents the greatest volume of security issuance? 2. What do you think are the most important costs and benefits of becoming a ...

Consider a projects incremental cash flows in order -700

Consider a project's incremental cash flows in order: -$700, $400, $300, $400. Assume a cost of capital of 7%. How does the NPV that you get by using Excel's NPV function all by itself compare to the correct NPV for this ...

How can we break down the valuation of a deferred annuity

How can we break down the valuation of a deferred annuity into manageable parts for computation purposes? Which has the highest present value if the payments and number of payments are identical, an ordinary annuity or a ...

1 discuss the differences between the following types of

1. Discuss the differences between the following types of mergers: a. Horizontal mergers b. Vertical mergers c. Conglomerate mergers 2. What are some of the reasons why firms merge with other firms? 3. What methods do fi ...

In a study participants were asked to plunge a hand into

In a study, participants were asked to plunge a hand into icy water and keep it there as long as the pain would allow. In one condition, the participants repeated their favorite curse words while their hands were in the ...

1 describe four types of invalidity that can be found in

1. Describe four types of invalidity that can be found in experimental research designs. 2. What are extraneous and confounding variables? Which type of variable is most dangerous to the statistical conclusion validity a ...

1 experimental studies are similar to non experimental and

1. Experimental studies are similar to non experimental and quasi-experimental studies because they all compare groups of scores. Describe the major difference between the experimental and the non experimental or quasi-e ...

In the absorption of component a from an air stream into an

In the absorption of component A from an air stream into an aqueous stream, the composition of the two adjacent streams were analyzed to be c A ; L = 4:0 kg mol/m 3  and p A ; G = 1:013 × 10 4  Pa. The Henry's law consta ...

  • 4,153,160 Questions Asked
  • 13,132 Experts
  • 2,558,936 Questions Answered

Ask Experts for help!!

Looking for Assignment Help?

Start excelling in your Courses, Get help with Assignment

Write us your full requirement for evaluation and you will receive response within 20 minutes turnaround time.

Ask Now Help with Problems, Get a Best Answer

Section onea in an atwood machine suppose two objects of

SECTION ONE (a) In an Atwood Machine, suppose two objects of unequal mass are hung vertically over a frictionless

Part 1you work in hr for a company that operates a factory

Part 1: You work in HR for a company that operates a factory manufacturing fiberglass. There are several hundred empl

Details on advanced accounting paperthis paper is intended

DETAILS ON ADVANCED ACCOUNTING PAPER This paper is intended for students to apply the theoretical knowledge around ac

Create a provider database and related reports and queries

Create a provider database and related reports and queries to capture contact information for potential PC component pro

Describe what you learned about the impact of economic

Describe what you learned about the impact of economic, social, and demographic trends affecting the US labor environmen