Ask Question, Ask an Expert

+1-415-315-9853

info@mywordsolution.com

Ask Statistics and Probability Expert

describe expected profit using decision tree:

ING's Consulting Solution division has been loomed by the North Carolina Regional Airport Authority about a difficult problem with overcrowding at the Charlotte airport there are three different options under consideration:

1. The airport could be completely redesigned and rebuilt at a cost of $8.2M. The present value of amplified revenue from a new airport is in problem. There is a 70% probability that this present value would be $11.0M, a 20% probability the present value would be $5.0M, and a 10% probability that the present value would be $1.0M contingent on whether the new airport is a success a moderate success or a failure.

2. The airport could be remodelled with a new runway for a cost of $4.7M. The present value of the amplified revenue would be $6 0M (with a probability of 0.8) or $3.0M (with a probability of 0.2).

3. They could do nothing with the airport as well as suffer a loss of revenue of either $1 .OM (65% chance) or $4.0M (35% chance).

Draw a decision tree as well as select the option that will maximize the present value.

Statistics and Probability, Statistics

  • Category:- Statistics and Probability
  • Reference No.:- M923455

Have any Question? 


Related Questions in Statistics and Probability

One of the behavioral research case studies involved agocha

One of the Behavioral Research Case Studies involved Agocha and Cooper's (1999) study of partner characteristics and intentions to practice safe sex. Below are the Pearson correlations between the likelihood that partici ...

Assignment1 assume the speed of vehicles along a stretch

Assignment 1. Assume the speed of vehicles along a stretch of I-10 has an approximately normal distribution with a mean of 71 mph and a standard deviation of 8 mph. The current speed limit is 65 mph. a. What proportion o ...

In a manufacturing process a random sample of 36 bolts

In a manufacturing process a random sample of 36 bolts manufactured has a mean length of 3 inches with a standard deviation of .3 inches. What is the 99% confidence interval for the true mean length of the bolt? Please s ...

The western way of war thesis posits that western societies

The Western Way of War thesis posits that western societies throughout history have generally fought wars in fundamentally similar ways. The precise elements of the Western Way of War are described succinctly in Geoffrey ...

Manifest destiny was a powerful force in nineteenth century

"Manifest Destiny was a powerful force in nineteenth century America not only calling for the expansion of the nation physically but also for spreading its ideals to more parts of the world. In what ways was slavery both ...

A laboratory in california is interested in finding the

A laboratory in California is interested in finding the mean chloride level for a healthy resident in the state. A random sample of 50 healthy residents has a mean chloride level of 100 mEq/L. If it is known that the chl ...

During a certain week the mean price of gas was 2709 per

During a certain week the mean price of gas was $2.709 per gallon. A random sample of 35 gas stations is drawn from this population. What is the probability that the mean price for the sample was $2.697 and $2.716 that w ...

Researchers investigated the issue of race and equality of

Researchers investigated the issue of race and equality of access to clinical trials. The table below shows the population distribution and the numbers of participants in clinical trials involving lung cancer. Race / eth ...

Consider rolling a fair 6-faced die twice let a be the

Consider rolling a fair 6-faced die twice. Let A be the event that the sum of the two rolls is atmost 6, and B be the event that the first one is an even number. (a) What is the probability that the sum of the two rolls ...

Consider the following belief space where the set of

Consider the following belief space, where the set of players is N = {I, II}, and the set of states of nature is S = {s 1 , s 2 }: Write out the belief hierarchies of orders 1, 2, and 3 of Player I, at each state of the ...

  • 4,153,160 Questions Asked
  • 13,132 Experts
  • 2,558,936 Questions Answered

Ask Experts for help!!

Looking for Assignment Help?

Start excelling in your Courses, Get help with Assignment

Write us your full requirement for evaluation and you will receive response within 20 minutes turnaround time.

Ask Now Help with Problems, Get a Best Answer

Section onea in an atwood machine suppose two objects of

SECTION ONE (a) In an Atwood Machine, suppose two objects of unequal mass are hung vertically over a frictionless

Part 1you work in hr for a company that operates a factory

Part 1: You work in HR for a company that operates a factory manufacturing fiberglass. There are several hundred empl

Details on advanced accounting paperthis paper is intended

DETAILS ON ADVANCED ACCOUNTING PAPER This paper is intended for students to apply the theoretical knowledge around ac

Create a provider database and related reports and queries

Create a provider database and related reports and queries to capture contact information for potential PC component pro

Describe what you learned about the impact of economic

Describe what you learned about the impact of economic, social, and demographic trends affecting the US labor environmen