Ask Question, Ask an Expert

+1-415-315-9853

info@mywordsolution.com

Ask Basic Finance Expert

1)i) prepare down 3 kinds of commercial bank charters and point out which federal agency has main regulatory responsibility for each.

ii) prepare down 3 broad categories of consumer protection laws in banking and provide suitable ex of each type.

iii) What are two methods in which equity capital reduces bank risk?

iv) prepare down 3 reasons why banks are regulated.

v) When is a bank “critically undercapitalized” and prepare down the consequences?

2) Assume that each of 2 investments has a 4% chance of loss of $10 million, a 2% chance of loss of $1 million, and a 94% chance of a profit of $1 million. They are independent of each other.

i) Determine VaRfor one of investments when confidence level is= 95%?

ii) Determine expected shortfall when confidence level is= 95%?

iii) Determine VaRfor a portfolio consisting of two investments when confidence level is= 95%?

iv) Find out the expected shortfall for portfolio consisting of two investments when confidence level is= 95%?

v) Illustarte that, in this ex, VaRdoes not satisfy subadditivity condition while expected shortfall does.

Basic Finance, Finance

  • Category:- Basic Finance
  • Reference No.:- M914638

Have any Question? 


Related Questions in Basic Finance

Using the machine model of example 1012 find the minimum

Using the machine model of Example 10.12, find the minimum initiation interval and a uniform schedule for the iterations, for the following loop: Remember that the counting of iterations is handled by auto-increment of r ...

Perform the following test to determine the effectiveness

Perform the following test to determine the effectiveness of random assignment to conditions. Use random assignment to divide your class into two halves. Then calculate the mean of the two halves on (a) the following thr ...

Bruce wayne borrowed 14 30000 for investment purposes on

Bruce Wayne borrowed $14 300.00 for investment purposes on May 19, on a demand note providing for a variable rate of interest and payment of any accrued interest on December 31. He paid $1,300.00 on June 28, $1,450 on Se ...

1 what are placebo effects and how can they be avoided2

1. What are placebo effects, and how can they be avoided? 2. What are demand characteristics, and how can they be avoided? 3. In what ways may experimenters unwittingly communicate their expectations to research particip ...

1 explain how and why the marketing mix can vary in global

1. Explain how and why the marketing mix can vary in global markets. 2. Explain why consumer products often require more adaptation than industrial products sold in business-to-business markets. 3. Discuss the incentives ...

Many people only think about personal banking checking

Many people only think about personal banking (checking, savings accounts) when they think of financial institutions (banks). What new did you learn about the functions of financial institutions in the capital markets?

1 what is the general policy of life insurance companies

1. What is the general policy of life insurance companies toward mortgage lending? 2. Identify the basic responsibility of each of the following four banking regulators: the Federal Reserve Bank Board, the Office of Thri ...

Calculate the total lift force on the arctic hut shown

Calculate the total lift force on the Arctic hut shown below as a function of the location of the opening. The lift force results from the difference between the inside pressure and the outside pressure. Assume potential ...

Make a list of some of the factors in your life that change

Make a list of some of the factors in your life that change from one day to the next. Possible examples include your mood, health, environment, schedule, obligations, successes and failures, and the quality of your socia ...

1 a local firm has debt worth 200000 with a yield of 9 and

1. A local firm has debt worth $200,000, with a yield of 9%, and equity worth $300,000. It is growing at a 5% rate, and its tax rate is 40%. A similar firm with no debt has a cost of equity of 12%. Under the MM extension ...

  • 4,153,160 Questions Asked
  • 13,132 Experts
  • 2,558,936 Questions Answered

Ask Experts for help!!

Looking for Assignment Help?

Start excelling in your Courses, Get help with Assignment

Write us your full requirement for evaluation and you will receive response within 20 minutes turnaround time.

Ask Now Help with Problems, Get a Best Answer

Section onea in an atwood machine suppose two objects of

SECTION ONE (a) In an Atwood Machine, suppose two objects of unequal mass are hung vertically over a frictionless

Part 1you work in hr for a company that operates a factory

Part 1: You work in HR for a company that operates a factory manufacturing fiberglass. There are several hundred empl

Details on advanced accounting paperthis paper is intended

DETAILS ON ADVANCED ACCOUNTING PAPER This paper is intended for students to apply the theoretical knowledge around ac

Create a provider database and related reports and queries

Create a provider database and related reports and queries to capture contact information for potential PC component pro

Describe what you learned about the impact of economic

Describe what you learned about the impact of economic, social, and demographic trends affecting the US labor environmen