1. Descibe ciphertext and describe how you would test a piece of ciphertext to determine quickly if it was likely the result of transposition?
2. Describe how a VPN works.
3. Describe how a DMZ is used to protect a network but remain open for business.
4. Describe the difference of how a HIDS and NIDS work. Please spell out the acronyms.
5. Describe two different firewalls and how they work.
6. Describe the eight dimensions of privacy and how it relates to a work environment.
7. Security and risk are clearly related: The more at risk a system or data set is the more security is desirable to protect it. Discuss how prices for security products may be tied to the degree of risk. That is, will people or organizations be willing to pay more if the risk is higher?
8. Cite two reasons why an organization might want two or more firewalls on a single network?
9. How does the first and fourth amendment compare to our protection of computer information privacy?
10. Describe how digital signatures and digital envelopes work. When would you use them?