Ask Question, Ask an Expert

+1-415-315-9853

info@mywordsolution.com

Ask Basic Finance Expert

1) XYZ Mining is estimating when to open gold mine. Mine has= 39,200 ounces of gold left which can be mined, and mining operations will create= 5,600 ounces per year. Required return on gold mine is 10 %, and it will cost= $33.6 million to open mine. When mine is opened, company will sign contract which will assurance price of gold for remaining life of mine. If mine is opened today, every ounce of gold will make an after tax cash flow of= $1,360 per ounce. If company waits one year, there is a 55% probability that contract price will make an after tax cash flow of= $1,560 per ounce and 45% probability that after tax cash flow will be= $1,260 per ounce.
Compute the value of option to wait?
2ABC Toys Inc. just bought= $350,000 machine to make toy cars. Machine will be completely depreciated by = straight-line method over its 5-year economic life. Every toy sells for= $25. Variable cost per toy is= $11 and firm incurs fixed costs of= $272,000 every year. Corporate tax rate for company is 34%. Suitable discount rate is 12%. Determine financial break-even point for project?

Basic Finance, Finance

  • Category:- Basic Finance
  • Reference No.:- M915105

Have any Question? 


Related Questions in Basic Finance

Why do we often want to create the correct preload in the

Why do we often want to create the correct preload in the bolts when we assemble a joint? Under what conditions is correct preload relatively unimportant? Name at least three factors that can increase the stress in previ ...

Two astronauts with masses m1 and m2 say good-bye and push

Two astronauts with masses m1 and m2 say good-bye and push each other off in the space. The initial velocity of both was v0, and after the push-off the astronaut with the mass m1 moves with the velocity v1 in the same di ...

Grind co is considering replacing an existing machine the

Grind Co. is considering replacing an existing machine. The new machine is expected to reduce labor costs by $153,000 per year for 5 years. Depreciation on the new machine is $124,000 compared with $86,000 on the old mac ...

Suppose that you wish to buy stock and protect yourself

Suppose that you wish to buy stock and protect yourself against a downside movement in its price. You consider both a covered call and a protective put. What factors will affect your decision? You have inherited some sto ...

Create a 10-15-slide powerpoint presentation demonstrating

Create a 10-15-slide PowerPoint presentation demonstrating a thorough understanding of the firm you have been evaluating through the class. Be sure to include speaker notes at the bottom of each slide that provide more d ...

1 selecting a bank steve just received his first paycheck

1. Selecting a Bank. Steve just received his first paycheck and wants to open a checking account. There are five banks in his hometown. What factors should Steve consider when choosing a bank? 2. Influence of Interest Ra ...

The manufacturer of a fertilizer guarantees that with the

The manufacturer of a fertilizer guarantees that, with the aid of the fertilizer, 80% of planted seeds will germinate. Suppose the manufacturer is correct. If 9 seeds planted with the fertilizer are randomly selected, wh ...

Walmart or carrefour who will be master of planet retailsam

WALMART OR CARREFOUR WHO WILL BE MASTER OF PLANET RETAIL? Sam Walton began Walmart, the world's largest retailer, in 1962. Headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas, Walmart was built on the policies of "everyday low prices ...

Find data to decide whether to open a store-you have been

Find data to decide whether to open a store:- You have been asked to determine the feasibility of opening a frozen yogurt store in Greenville, North Carolina. Answer the following questions, using the latest figures avai ...

1 households have a much larger fraction of their savings

1. Households have a much larger fraction of their savings in stocks than in bonds. Can you think of reasons why this is the case? 2. Why might you prefer to lend money to individuals and businesses in your city through ...

  • 4,153,160 Questions Asked
  • 13,132 Experts
  • 2,558,936 Questions Answered

Ask Experts for help!!

Looking for Assignment Help?

Start excelling in your Courses, Get help with Assignment

Write us your full requirement for evaluation and you will receive response within 20 minutes turnaround time.

Ask Now Help with Problems, Get a Best Answer

Section onea in an atwood machine suppose two objects of

SECTION ONE (a) In an Atwood Machine, suppose two objects of unequal mass are hung vertically over a frictionless

Part 1you work in hr for a company that operates a factory

Part 1: You work in HR for a company that operates a factory manufacturing fiberglass. There are several hundred empl

Details on advanced accounting paperthis paper is intended

DETAILS ON ADVANCED ACCOUNTING PAPER This paper is intended for students to apply the theoretical knowledge around ac

Create a provider database and related reports and queries

Create a provider database and related reports and queries to capture contact information for potential PC component pro

Describe what you learned about the impact of economic

Describe what you learned about the impact of economic, social, and demographic trends affecting the US labor environmen