Ask Question, Ask an Expert

+1-415-315-9853

info@mywordsolution.com

Ask Statistics and Probability Expert

The quality control manager for ENTA Inc. should decide whether to accept (a1), further analyze (a2), or reject (a3) a lot of incoming material. Suppose the following payoff table is available. Historical data points out that there is a 20% chance that the lot is poor quality (s1), a 50% chance that the lot is fair quality (s2), and 30% chance that the lot is good quality (s3)

  S1 s2          s3
  A1      20 30 90
  A2   60 70 10
     80 50 40

a. Compute the expected value for each of three actions and find out if the manager must accept, further examine, or reject the lot?

Expected values a1=________  a2=__________ a3=___________

b. Find out the expected value of perfect information (EVPI)? EVPI=_________

Statistics and Probability, Statistics

  • Category:- Statistics and Probability
  • Reference No.:- M923125

Have any Question? 


Related Questions in Statistics and Probability

Following the rash of school shootings that occurred in the

Following the rash of school shootings that occurred in the late 1990s, some individuals suggested that violent video games were making children and adolescents more aggressive. Imagine that you obtained a sample of 150 ...

My variables are 1 sat scores between 600- 2400 2 gender 3

My variables are: 1. SAT scores between 600- 2400, 2. Gender, 3. Type of college attended, 1 for public university, 2 for private university, 4. Type of degree held: 1 for bachelors, 2 for masters, 3 for PHD or doctorate ...

What three criteria must be met to establish that one

What three criteria must be met to establish that one variable causes changes in behavior? Which of these criteria are met by quasi-experimental designs? Which of these criteria are not met, and why?

Is there any difference between the proportion of americans

Is there any difference between the proportion of Americans who wish they were rich and the proportion of Canadians who wish they were rich? A random sample of 1,000 Americans showed that 550 wish they were rich, while a ...

A shipment of 8 computers contains 2 with defects find the

A shipment of 8 computers contains 2 with defects. find the probability that a sample of size 4, drawn from the 8, will not contain a defective computer. What is the probability that a sample of 4 of the 8 computers will ...

The wall street journal ceo compensation study analyzed ceo

The Wall Street Journal CEO Compensation Study analyzed CEO pay from many U.S. companies with fiscal year 2008 revenue of at least $5 billion that filed their proxy statements between October 2008 and March 2009. The dat ...

Describe the collapse of the soviet union begin with the

Describe the collapse of the Soviet Union. Begin with the events during the 1980s including the entire Gorbachev era. Should include at least the following topics: 1. Poland's democratic revolution of the 1980s 2. Gorbac ...

In juliuss list of preferences agrippina appears first

In Julius's list of preferences, Agrippina appears first, Messalina appears second, and Cleopatra appears third. Suppose there is a stable matching under which Julius is matched to Agrippina, and that there is a stable m ...

Mechanics hardware needs to accumulate 41000 in 3 years to

Mechanic's Hardware needs to accumulate $41,000 in 3 years to purchase new equipment. What sinking fund payment would they need to make at the END of each month, at 6% interest compounded monthly? (Use Table 12-1 from yo ...

Construct an aumann model of incomplete information for

Construct an Aumann model of incomplete information for each of the following situations, and specify a state of the world in that model which corresponds to the situation (there are several possible ways of including hi ...

  • 4,153,160 Questions Asked
  • 13,132 Experts
  • 2,558,936 Questions Answered

Ask Experts for help!!

Looking for Assignment Help?

Start excelling in your Courses, Get help with Assignment

Write us your full requirement for evaluation and you will receive response within 20 minutes turnaround time.

Ask Now Help with Problems, Get a Best Answer

Section onea in an atwood machine suppose two objects of

SECTION ONE (a) In an Atwood Machine, suppose two objects of unequal mass are hung vertically over a frictionless

Part 1you work in hr for a company that operates a factory

Part 1: You work in HR for a company that operates a factory manufacturing fiberglass. There are several hundred empl

Details on advanced accounting paperthis paper is intended

DETAILS ON ADVANCED ACCOUNTING PAPER This paper is intended for students to apply the theoretical knowledge around ac

Create a provider database and related reports and queries

Create a provider database and related reports and queries to capture contact information for potential PC component pro

Describe what you learned about the impact of economic

Describe what you learned about the impact of economic, social, and demographic trends affecting the US labor environmen