Confidence interval for one population mean.
1. The mean of the standard normal distribution is
D. all of these
2. The standard normal distribution is continuous?
3. A walker travelling at 4 miles per hour burns and average of 300 calories per hour. The standard deviation is 8 calories. Find the following for a walker that travels 4 miles in one hour.
Find the possibility that a worker burns more that 280 calories is the probability
4. Refer to the walk that burns and average of 300 calories and the standard deviation is 8 calories.
What is the probability that the walker will burn less than 293 calories?
5. What is the prospect that walker will burn 285 to 320 calories?
6. A point estimate is more likely to occur than an interval estimate
7. A study of 40 bowlers showed that there average score was 186 the standard deviation of the population is 6. Uncover the 95% confidence interval of the mean score for all bowlers.
A. (183.56, 188.44)
B. (184.0, 188.0)
C. (184.14 187.86)
D. (184.44, 187.86)
8. Data that can be classified according to colour are measured on what scale?
9. The height of president bush is an instance of a variable?
10. A university dean wants to estimate the average number of hours his part-time instructors teach per week. The standard deviation from a previous study is 2.6 hours how large of a sample is necessary if he wants to be 99% confident of finding whether the true mean differs from the sample mean by 1 hour.