Ask Question, Ask an Expert

+1-415-315-9853

info@mywordsolution.com

Ask Microeconomics Expert

Policymaking is much easier when the stae of the economy is easily observable than when there is uncertainty about how the economy is doing, as this problem illustrates. Suppose that the economy is either in an expansion or a recession. Suppose that in an expansion, monetary policy ideally sets the interest rate on federal funds (loans between banks) at 6%, whereas if the economy is in a recession, the federal funds rate is ideally set at 2%. If monetary policymarkers know the state of the economy when they set policy, then policymaking is easy set the fed funds rate at 6% when in expansion and at 2% when in recession. Suppose, however, that policymakers cannot easily observe the current state of the economy. They know only what the state of the economy was three months ago. Suppose that if the economy was in an expansion three months ago, there is a 90% chance the economy is still in an expansion (and thus a 10% chance that it is now in a recession.) And suppose that if the economy was in a recession three months ago, there is a 75% chance that it is still in recession (and a 25% that it is now in an expansion.) Given these probabilities, what would you guess is the right setting for the federal funds rate if the economy was in a recession three months ago? What is the right setting for the federal rate if the economy was in an expansion three months ago?

Microeconomics, Economics

  • Category:- Microeconomics
  • Reference No.:- M939184

Have any Question? 


Related Questions in Microeconomics

Description of assignmentreport paper basisstudents work

Description of Assignment: Report Paper basis. Students work together to research and profile a particular in Microeconomic policy: the property tax in the United States. Grading Criteria (What constitutes a good assignm ...

1 please prove that two indifferent curve cannot cross each

1. Please prove that two indifferent curve cannot cross each other. 2. Please solve the following maximization problem u = √x 1 + x 2 max√x 1 + x 2 , st, p 1 x 1 + p 2 x 2 ≤ m 3. a. When prices are (p 1 , p 2 ) = (1, 2) ...

Assignmentyou have been asked to assist your organizations

Assignment You have been asked to assist your organization's marketing department to better understand how consumers make economic decisions. Write a 1,050-word analysis that includes the following: • The impact the theo ...

Samsung smartphone manufacturer vs google inc search engine

Samsung (smartphone manufacturer) Vs. Google Inc. (search engine) - economic and financial analysis Objectives: • Assess and compare the market types of Google Inc.(as a search engine) and Samsung • Determine the various ...

Assignmentbliss v attorney general of canada was a canadian

Assignment Bliss v. Attorney General of Canada was a Canadian Bill of Rights case. Stella Bliss' claim for maternity benefits (under the former Unemployment Insurance Act) as a form of "equality before the law" was rejec ...

Assignmentthe paper is on googles business ethics in the

Assignment The paper is on Google's Business Ethics in the area of Sustainability. How does Google contribute or detract from various aspects of sustainability? Sustainable businesses make products and services which fil ...

Iowa elevatorsresponses will be in a compact format the

Iowa Elevators Responses will be in a compact format. The content of the papers should not exceed three pages in length, excluding the title page, executive summary, or any references. Title Page: Executive Summary: Give ...

Assignment questionsque1 why validation of the software

Assignment Questions: Que.1 Why validation of the software requirement is necessary? List some conditions that should be checked in the validation phase of software requirement. Que.2 Six Sigma is used to reduce the defe ...

Assignmentyou are the director of safety and health at

Assignment You are the Director of Safety and Health at Rotorcraft America, a mid-sized company that designs, manufactures and sells helicopters. Your organization has manufacturing operations in San Francisco, Californi ...

Feeding america final milestonein this assignment you will

Feeding America Final milestone In this assignment, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following course outcomes: - Evaluate management strategies and organizational structures of not-for-profit organizations for t ...

  • 4,153,160 Questions Asked
  • 13,132 Experts
  • 2,558,936 Questions Answered

Ask Experts for help!!

Looking for Assignment Help?

Start excelling in your Courses, Get help with Assignment

Write us your full requirement for evaluation and you will receive response within 20 minutes turnaround time.

Ask Now Help with Problems, Get a Best Answer

WalMart Identification of theory and critical discussion

Drawing on the prescribed text and/or relevant academic literature, produce a paper which discusses the nature of group

Section onea in an atwood machine suppose two objects of

SECTION ONE (a) In an Atwood Machine, suppose two objects of unequal mass are hung vertically over a frictionless

Part 1you work in hr for a company that operates a factory

Part 1: You work in HR for a company that operates a factory manufacturing fiberglass. There are several hundred empl

Details on advanced accounting paperthis paper is intended

DETAILS ON ADVANCED ACCOUNTING PAPER This paper is intended for students to apply the theoretical knowledge around ac

Create a provider database and related reports and queries

Create a provider database and related reports and queries to capture contact information for potential PC component pro