I. Health economic theory and practice
Based on your work experience, expertise, or the field of interest, choose a health care issue in your health care system (for ex, uneven distribution of physicians, shortage of nurses, long waiting for elective surgery,…etc), describe and analyse the problem, identify one related health care policy that has been implemented or suggested, describe this policy, discuss and criticise it from an economic perspective.
II. Health care system reform
There are some economic commentators who do not see health care as being different to other goods and services and therefore argue that we should use the private competitive market in delivering health care. From both positive perspective (for ex, market failure and efficiency) and normative economic perspective (for ex, equity and justice), discuss and describe why you agree or disagree with this statement.
• Your work must be your own and should be analytical in nature, showing your understanding of the relevant issues. Simple descriptive work is not adequate or appropriate.
• Your work must reflect the topic you have selected. You will not be given credit for excellent work covering issues unrelated (or very peripheral) to the topic you have chosen.
• Your work should contain your own arguments, rather than simply report the arguments presented in the literature (although you will be expected to seek enough evidences to support your arguments).
• Main text between 3000 with spelling and grammar check and correction
• Times New Roman with font size 12 point
• Numbering each page in the centre of the bottom