Ask Question, Ask an Expert

+1-415-315-9853

info@mywordsolution.com

Ask Microeconomics Expert

Assume that you are not required by law to buy car insurance. Then, buying car insurance is a purely economic decision. Also, you need to consider the time value of money in this problem, MARR is 10%.

You are considering buying car insurance for the coming two years. Whether or not you buy insurance, you have the following probability distribution over the car accident damages for each year (the probability of having an accident is independent across years) with 90% chance you will have no accident, with 7% chance you will have a small accident with $300 worth of damage due at the end of the year, with 3% chance, you will have a big accident with $13,000 worth of damage due at the end of the year.

The terms of the insurance: You are covered for the coming two years. Your deductible is $500. Your premiums are due at the beginning of each year (first one is $400 and due now!). Your premium goes up by $50 or $150 if you have a small or big accident respectively. It stays the same if you have no accident. Draw the decision tree that corresponds to the above problem and determine if you should buy insurance or not? (Base your decision solely on the expected values.)

Microeconomics, Economics

  • Category:- Microeconomics
  • Reference No.:- M938193

Have any Question? 


Related Questions in Microeconomics

Economic choice and economic decision makingconsider your

ECONOMIC CHOICE AND ECONOMIC DECISION MAKING Consider your last vehicle purchase and the decision making process you engaged in while deciding what vehicle to purchase or if a new vehicle was the right decision. While an ...

Assignment multiyear plans and Assignment: Multiyear Plans and Analysis Preparation •

Assignment: Multiyear Plans and Analysis Preparation • Review the document titled "City of Charlottesville 2010 Annual Comprehensive Plan" located in the course shell. Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you: ...

Economics assignmentcontentselect a news article with

Economics Assignment Content: Select a news article with economic implications within the previous six months and explain, analyze and expand the issue using the economic concepts and theory learned in this class. Includ ...

Assignmentinstructions the topic of the research paper will

Assignment Instructions: The topic of the research paper will be any disease or condition of the body. The paper must include a thorough description of the disease/condition; current statistics of those affected - epidem ...

Mcdonalds and the hindu culturein many ways mcdonalds

McDonald's and the Hindu Culture In many ways, McDonald's Corporation has written the book on global expansion. Every day, on average, somewhere around the world 4.2 new McDonald's restaurants are opened. By 2003, the co ...

Assignmentdraw the graph carefully please use one graph

Assignment Draw the graph carefully. Please use one graph per country and show both the autarkyand the free trade equilibrium on each graph. Consider the following data on the factor endowments of two countries A and B: ...

Assignment1in your own words please define describe and use

Assignment 1. IN YOUR OWN WORDS, please define, describe and use an example for the following term (see below). The term (including example) should be no more than 50 words.The following rubric is used to assess each ter ...

Question 1which of the following has not been identified as

Question 1 Which of the following has NOT been identified as a basic consumer right? Consumers have a right to safe products. Consumers have a right to collude. Consumers have a right to be informed about a product. Cons ...

Three paragarphs economicswrite 3 paragraphs answering the

Three paragarphs Economics Write 3 paragraphs answering the following questions: 1. How does each of the following relate to the financial crisis of 2007-2008: declines in real estate values, sub-prime mortgage loans, an ...

Article analysisplease choose an article from the wall

Article Analysis Please choose an article from the Wall Street Joumal, The Economist, Bureau of Labor/Statistics, Bureau of Economic Analysis etc... or any peer reviewed article for the UOP library. Select one subjects f ...

  • 4,153,160 Questions Asked
  • 13,132 Experts
  • 2,558,936 Questions Answered

Ask Experts for help!!

Looking for Assignment Help?

Start excelling in your Courses, Get help with Assignment

Write us your full requirement for evaluation and you will receive response within 20 minutes turnaround time.

Ask Now Help with Problems, Get a Best Answer

Section onea in an atwood machine suppose two objects of

SECTION ONE (a) In an Atwood Machine, suppose two objects of unequal mass are hung vertically over a frictionless

Part 1you work in hr for a company that operates a factory

Part 1: You work in HR for a company that operates a factory manufacturing fiberglass. There are several hundred empl

Details on advanced accounting paperthis paper is intended

DETAILS ON ADVANCED ACCOUNTING PAPER This paper is intended for students to apply the theoretical knowledge around ac

Create a provider database and related reports and queries

Create a provider database and related reports and queries to capture contact information for potential PC component pro

Describe what you learned about the impact of economic

Describe what you learned about the impact of economic, social, and demographic trends affecting the US labor environmen