The United States economy is experiencing a moderate economic downturn. The Republican President has addressed the downturn using stereotypical Republican methods. The economy failed to improve significantly, although there WAS some improvement. During the next election, the American electorate felt that it was time for a change in the way Washington was handling our economy and elected a Democratic President. This new President approached our country's macroeconomic instability in a stereotypical Democratic manner. This new economic policy did not significantly improve the economy either and the American electorate is extremely unhappy. YOU are running for President of the United States as an Independent candidate so that you are not forced into adopting an economic policy based on partisan reasoning. Assuming that you are very charismatic and can get all branches and agencies of government to enact your policies, how would YOU address the problems? Please describe and use graphs to illustrate the following:
1. The original macroeconomic problem using an AD/AS graph.
2. What policy did the Republican President use to address the issue?
3. Illustrate and describe the results of the Republican's policy on AD, AS, and GDP.
4. Illustrate and describe the macroeconomic problem facing the Democratic President as they took office.
5. What policy did the Democratic President use to address the issue?
6. Illustrate and describe the results of the Democrat's policy on AD, AS, and GDP.
7. Illustrate and describe the macroeconomic problem YOU are facing as you took office.
8. What policy did YOU use to address the issue?
9. Illustrate and describe the results of YOUR policy on AD, AS, and GDP.
10. describe why YOUR policy worked when the other policies did not.