1) In 1980s, Pepsico Inc., which had 28 percent of soft drink market, supposed to have the Seven Up Co. Thereafter shortly the Coca Cola Company, having 39 percent of market, signified it wanted to attain the Dr. Pepper Company. Seven Up and Dr. Pepper each controlled around 7 percent of market. In your decision, was the decision of government to block these fusions was right?
2) ‘The antitrust laws serve to efficiently penalize the managed firms.’ Whether you agree with this decision? Why and why not?
3) ‘The social desirability of any provided business enterprise must be not judged on the basis of its market share however on the basis of its conduct and also the performance.’ Create a counter argument, relating to the monopoly model within your statement.
4) describe different types of industries, if any, must be subjected to the industrial regulation? describe the specific problems the industrial regulation encounter?
5) How the social regulations differ from the industrial regulations? describe the types of costs and benefits that are associated with the social regulation?
6) Use the economic analysis for describeing, why the favourable amount of product safety can be less than the amount which would totally remove the risks of accidents and deaths.
7) Under which law and on what basis did the Federal government determine Microsoft as guilty of violating the antitrust laws? What was the remedy proposed by the government? In mid-2000, Microsoft appealed the district court ruling to the higher court. Update this story of the Microsoft, taking the of Internet browser. Specify the present status of that appeal? Whether it is still pending? Whether the Microsoft wins its appeal? Or decision of the district court was upheld?