problem: Consider a competitive market for Berries. The market demand for the berries is Qd=50-P (Qd is the quantity demanded (cartons) and P is the price in $. The market supply for the berries is Qs=4P, Qs is the quantity supplied and P the price
1. Draw a graph of the market demand and supply
2. What is the competitive market equilibrium price and quantity of berries?
3. What is the value of consumer surplus, producer surplus and aggregate surplus?
4. Consider a per unit (carton) tax on producers of berries. Every carton is taxed $5, what is the equilibrium price and quantity of berries under tax
5. What is the total amount of taxes paid?