1. Describe about flow in the economy in detail?
2. Describe the concept of law of supply and demand with appropriate ex?
3. Describe about element of cost and its classification in detail.
4. Describe the concept of break even analysis with suitable diagram?
5. Describe about process planning and its different kinds?
6.(a)(i) prepare down the scope of engineering economics with suitable exs.
(ii) Concern manufacturing a domestic appliance proposes to put up the improved model in market and selling price for same to be decided. The selling price will cover overheads and make sure the proportion of profit on sales as before. The material in new model will cost Rs 4000 and the direct wages would be Rs 2000. Figures relate to the previous year are given below:
Stock material on 1st April 2006 Rs 2,00,000
Stock material on 31st March 2007 Rs 2,20,000
Purchase of raw material in this period Rs 5,20,000
Manufacturing wages Rs 1,60,000
Works overhead Rs 80,000
Administrative and sales overhead Rs 80,000
Sales during the year Rs 9,02,000
Suggest a selling price. Overhead absorption base on % of direct labour.
7)(i) Describe the process of material selection in new product development in detail.
(ii) From the following details, compute breakeven point. Determine the selling price per unit if breakeven point to be brought to 900 units:
Variable cost per units Rs 750
Fixed expenses Rs 27,00,000
Selling price per unit Rs 1,000