1) Underline the chief provisions of each of the following:
a) Sherman Act,
b) Clayton Act,
C) Federal Trade Commission Act, and
d) Celler-Kefauver Act.
2) Recognize the main issues in the antitrust enforcement by reconsidering the decisions in the case of U.S. Steel, Alcoa, and DuPont cellophane Supreme Court.
3) Recognize 3 present economic goals which may conflict with the strict enforcement of the antitrust laws.
4) Evaluate the effectiveness of the antitrust laws by monitoring how they have been applied to the structures of the existing market, mergers, and price fixing.
5) prepare differences between 3 types of merger.
6) Describe how the Herfindahl index is used as the guideline by the government for deciding whether to allow the horizontal mergers.
7) Recognize the options which government might use when the natural monopoly is there.
8) Describe the reason why the regulated monopoly does not have the incentive to decrease the costs.
9) Describe 2 major problems which are encountered in regulating the natural monopolies.
10) Specify the main arguments for and against the social regulation.