Ask Microeconomics Expert

The following tax function was estimated using cross-section data for 50 states.

T = -0.221 + 0.142 Inc
p-value (0.087) (<0.0001)

where ‘T' is total taxes paid and ‘Inc' is total income, both measured in billions of
dollars.

A. Interpret the coefficients. Are they in the direction you would expect?

B. Conduct a hypothesis test that the estimated coefficients are different from zero. Use a two-tailed test and a significance level of 05. Show your work.

Microeconomics, Economics

  • Category:- Microeconomics
  • Reference No.:- M948848

Have any Question? 


Related Questions in Microeconomics

Question discuss the advantages and disadvantages of

Question: Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of maintaining multiple manufacturing sites as a hedge against exchange rate exposure. The response must be typed, single spaced, must be in times new roman font (size 1 ...

Hotel managers use marginal cost all the time as the

Hotel managers use marginal cost all the time. As the training manager for Hilton once noted, "We are selling a very perishable product." A hotel room not rented tonight cannot be rented twice tomorrow night. You are the ...

Discussion customs brokerswhy should individuals and firms

Discussion: Customs Brokers Why should individuals and firms use customs brokers when importing and exporting? What are the benefits? Your post must be at least 300 words, formatted and cited in proper APA style with sup ...

Question suppose that twenty-five years ago a country had

Question: Suppose that twenty-five years ago a country had nominal GDP of $1,800, a GDP deflator of 150, and a population of 100. Today it has nominal GDP of $2,800, a GDP deflator of 270, and population of 180. What hap ...

Question the us unemployment rate rose from 58 in 1979

Question: The US unemployment rate rose from 5.8% in 1979, which was full employment then, to a peak of 10.7% in late 1982. It then returned to a full employment rate of 5.3% in 1989. (A) Based on Okun's Law, what do you ...

Question think of the last two major things you bought why

Question: Think of the last two major things you bought. Why did you buy them? What were your opportunity costs in making the purchase? What would have been the opportunity cost, if you had NOT made the purchase? (Not al ...

Question by visiting the bureau of labor statistics website

Question: By visiting the Bureau of Labor Statistics website, find the latest unemployment rate available for your state (New Jersey 4.2% in Mar 2017). How does the unemployment rate of your state compare to that of the ...

Question project a requires less initial investment than

Question: Project A requires less initial investment than project B and both A and B have an IRR greater than MARR. If project A and B are mutually exclusive and the incremental IRR between A and B is more than the MARR, ...

Question suppose a project has two possible outcomes there

Question: Suppose a project has two possible outcomes. There is a 70% chance that it brings a profit of 10,000. There is a 30% chance that it brings a profit of 4,900. Suppose a decision makers utility function can be de ...

Question what could the government do to try and keep the

Question: What could the government do to try and keep the economy from entering a recession because of the adverse supply shock? Depict this graphically. (Alternatively - what has to shift in response to a negative supp ...

  • 4,153,160 Questions Asked
  • 13,132 Experts
  • 2,558,936 Questions Answered

Ask Experts for help!!

Looking for Assignment Help?

Start excelling in your Courses, Get help with Assignment

Write us your full requirement for evaluation and you will receive response within 20 minutes turnaround time.

Ask Now Help with Problems, Get a Best Answer

Why might a bank avoid the use of interest rate swaps even

Why might a bank avoid the use of interest rate swaps, even when the institution is exposed to significant interest rate

Describe the difference between zero coupon bonds and

Describe the difference between zero coupon bonds and coupon bonds. Under what conditions will a coupon bond sell at a p

Compute the present value of an annuity of 880 per year

Compute the present value of an annuity of $ 880 per year for 16 years, given a discount rate of 6 percent per annum. As

Compute the present value of an 1150 payment made in ten

Compute the present value of an $1,150 payment made in ten years when the discount rate is 12 percent. (Do not round int

Compute the present value of an annuity of 699 per year

Compute the present value of an annuity of $ 699 per year for 19 years, given a discount rate of 6 percent per annum. As