1) Recognize the rate of poverty within the U.S., and incidence of the poverty for blacks, hispanics, and the female-headed families; recognize some of the reasons for poverty of each and every group.
2) Recognize the ‘invisible’ poor and provide 3 reasons for this invisibility.
3) Compare and contrast the social insurance and public assistance programs.
4) describe the chief social insurance programs.
5) describe and find out the chief public assistance (welfare) programs.
6) Describe the differences between the social insurance programs and the public assistance programs.
7) describe and estimate the goals and conflicts inherent in the public assistant programs.
8) Describe the criticisms of old welfare system.
9) describe the chief provisions of Personal Responsibility Act of 1996.