1) Compare and contrast the ‘demographic transition’ view of the population growth with traditional view that slower population growth is the prerequisite for increasing the living standards in DVCs.
2) As the real capital is supposed to earn the greater return where it is scarce, how will you describe the fact that most of the international investment flows to IACs (where the capital is generally abundant) in comparison to the DVCs (where the capital is too scarce)?
3) Do you think that nature of the problems the DVCs face, need governmentally directed as opposed to private-enterprise-directed development process? Illustrate why or why not.
4) Specify the trends relating in government-offered foreign aid versus the private capital flows to DVCs in 1990s? describe why do you think those trends takes place?
5) Do you favor debt forgiveness to all DVCs, just poorest ones, or none at all? What kind of incentive problem might debt relief generate? Could you be willing to pay $20 a year more in the personal income taxes for debt forgiveness? What about $200 dollars and about $2,000 dollars?
6) Specify the kinds of products do DVCs typically export? How those exports do relates to the law of comparative advantage to describe the character of these exports. How do tariffs by IACs decrease the standard of living of DVCs?
7) Would you think that IACs such as United States must open their doors wider to the immigration of low-skilled DVC workers to help DVCs develop?
Would you think that it is suitable for the students from DVC nations to remain in the IAC nations to work and build the careers?
8) Describe how the civil wars, population growth, and the public policy decisions have contributed to the periodic famines in the Africa.