Fiscal Policy: Government spending, taxes, budget processes
I need assistance getting started with the following case study reference Budget outlook.
For this Case, please read "The Budget Outlook" section of the CBO's The Budget and Economic Outlook: Fiscal Years 2009 to 2019, dated January 2009, at
The specific information you need for this case is on page 16 in Table 5. However, there is a great deal of interesting information in this document and I encourage you to look through it and see what it contains.
1. What are the three major categories of revenues for the federal government?
2. What are the three major categories of expenditures for the federal government?
I would like to see more detail on revenues and expenditures than what is given in the above referenced table.
3. describe whether or not we should be concerned with net interest outlays and national debt.
4. What major concerns are there about the federal budget in the long run?
5. How would you recommend those concerns be dealt with?